Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When I Love to Write

"i guess when u love writing, u can't and should not stop" (Kak Farah Hanum, 2008)

It makes me think. Since before.

What is the main purpose of me blogging at the 1st place?

To tell others of what am i thinking now? How i feel? What happened today? My happiness, sadness, disappointment?

To improve my language? Which one? Bahasa or English? Both pun tunggang terbalik. See, baru je cakap.

So the purpose of improving language is not relevant here. At least for me. I know it's a good medium to do so, but i guess i just wanna write in whichever language i feel comfortable with. As long as msg ape yg saye nak cakap tu sampai. Tp kalau org da salah paham, nak buat camne kan. Kak Farah, or perhaps Kak Mel is right.

"What others understand will never mirror what we wish to convey."

Cube ingat balik, kenape saye mule2 start blogging? To express my feelings, my opinions. To reflect myself. To share. To write what i can't say. To make it as my diary? Then i should make this blog private. But i want to share with other ppl. So i have to limit my words, my sensitivity, my emotions. I don't want to hurt other ppl by reading what i wrote. Ia hanya akan membuatkan saye berpk byk dan hidup menjadi tidak tenang. By sharing, I am totally aware that i am exposing myself to ppl's judgment. More or less i am becoming transparent.

Do I love writing?

Yes, I do.

Budak2 laen kat skola dulu ramai x suke subjek BM. I on the other hand, BM was one of my fav and strong subjects. I scored this subject most of the time, especially karangan. I once wanted to be a writer. I did wrote a few. Cerpen, puisi, sajak, pantun. Skarang sume skill tu da berkarat. Kosa kata pon da byk x ingat. Sumenye kerana saya didedahkan dgn membaca novel sejak kecil. Dua org kakakku mempunyai koleksi novel yg sgt byk. Penuh satu almari. Habis sume saye bace. Sampaikan da bleh hafal jalan cerita. Bosan. Klise. Bayangan lelaki kacak, kaya, baik, x minum arak, bukan kaki pompuan, beriman, sume ciri2 lelaki spt itu, susah nak cari skarang nie. Bukan xde, susah. Pernah satu ketika mase darjah brape tah, novel setebal lebey 300 muka surat saye habis bace dalam mase sehari.

Skarang saye kurang membaca novel. Rindu.

So i guess, blog nie bleh jadi medium utk saye menajamkan kembali skill2 menulis. Tp dalam BM jer laa. Kalau English tu kureng sket. Kosa kata x byk lg. Haha. Selain dpd menulis apa yg saye rasa nak tulis, with limitations. Kalau ade yg terasa atau x puas hati, then saye minta maaf awal2. Saye da blaja kawal emosi bler nak menulis, dan bace beberapa kali sebelum publish, tp kalau terlepas jgak, itu hanyalah naluri biasa seorg insan lemah spt saya. Saya hanya ingin berkongsi, dgn ikhlas, insya-Allah.

2 comments:

  1. Did I also trigger you to write smthing?

    Do write, because I'm all eyes here. Tapi silently la. I forced myself to write because I wasn't satisfied that I had to keep all to myself. Then I had that time when I wrote for someone. And then, I wrote because I felt that I didn't think enough, or dream enough.

    I don't know why I write now. Perhaps I want to cherish my day. Perhaps I want to make a difference. Perhaps I want to learn more about myself.

    (okay, now I'm becoming Kak Mel, haha)

    I shouldn't hog the comment section

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, Kak Farah, u're always my inspiration to write something.

    I do think that we think the same on this matter.

    I am also the silent eyes here :-)

    ReplyDelete