Monday, February 22, 2010

The Interview's Influence

Bismillah,

A group of us was called into a room. In the room, we were asked by a lady to think about which movies inspire us and why. We were given a few minutes to do so.

Few minutes later, the lady and another guy came in to hear our 'short stories'. One by one then talked about the chosen inspirational movies.

It is my turn.

"Hi everyone, my name is Iynas. The movie that inspires me is KungFu Panda. There are lots of nice and inspirational quotes in the movie. One of them which I cannot remember the full sentence but somewhere along the line is 'Yesteday is history, today is a present' which implies that we must appreciate every days in our lives and that we should start our days cheerfully and be thankful to God that we are still alive today. Another quote that inspires me a lot is when the father told the panda that 'You just have to believe that it is special' because if all of you have watched the movie, the panda was quite frustrated when he opened a scroll that should be valuable but unfortunately it was just a blank scroll. I was inspired because I think that I am quite a low-self esteem person and when I watched the movie, I realize that each and everyone of us here is special and unique, and therefore I just have to believe that I am special and unique".

Alhamdulillah. I think I did quite well. I was the 1st person to be called afterward for one-to-one interview session. I can't lie to myself but to very happy with my 'short story', been given only a few minutes to think.

Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah.

Thanks to saifulislam.com, because I actually recalled about KungFu Panda when I was reading an article in saifulislam.com a few days ago, where the author wrote about his children, and he includes some relations to KungFu Panda's elements.

It is true that KungFu Panda is the most motivational animation movie I've ever watched.

But I still have the second round of interview with the high managers next week. It is going to be formal and professional. So I can't really tell if I got the job. I don't know what to expect. What I can say is, the tough interview suits the company's high reputation. It is a public-listed company.

Please pray for my success, so that I can stop job-hunting.

Lately, I really have the feel to watch movies, and this interview made me want to go to the cinema tomorrow! 

The correct quote for the first one is 'Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present'.

“And seek Allah's help in patience and prayer…” [al-Baqarah; 45]

2 comments:

  1. waa iynas! alhamdulillah u can mak it!
    plus, alhamdulillah jugak bcoz u actually gave me d idea! hahaha...intrvw keje kt mane tu??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interview kat investment bank..syieq, kamu pun nak interview ke?? kat mane??

    ReplyDelete