Friday, January 3, 2014

How I spend my new year in 2014


1. Trying to be creative, setting up my own blogger header

The domain www.iynasomar.com has expired. I decided to stick with my original domain www.e-nasz.blogspot.com. Somehow it sounds more friendly to me.

To challenge myself for a fresh-2014-new-blog-look, I wanna try designing my own blogger header. Thanks to PicMonkey photo editor and tutorial from this blog, this so-not-creative-person manage to create one. An amateur looking one is already a success for a first timer. The current header is the second design which the idea came when I was taking a bath. Good ideas always come in the shower huh?

This is my first design:


 I always regard myself as a non-creative person. This new year has changed my perspective. Never thought I have hidden talent in designing. I believe with right guidance, my talent can go far. I just need to prove myself more than this.


2. Finishing up a Malay novel


Borrowed this novel from a colleague like two months ago. At that time I was searching for an activity that can brighten up my life while waiting for my Candy Crush gaining its full live. Since I did addicted to reading Malay novels before and claimed that my hobby is reading, I think it is time to have my hobby back. Looks like I took longer time than usual to finish up ONE Malay novel. Don't get me wrong, the novel is a very good story though. I did cry few times at reading it. It's just that bigger things than limited lives of Candy Crush happened that requires more of my attention. However I told myself to complete reading and return it back by 2nd January 2014. Focus and reading it with passion and full of heart, it reaches the owner's hand a day later because the owner was on leave. Nevertheless, I did it! Yeay Alhamdulillah. Another achievement for me.


3. Blog spring cleaning

Orang Melayu kata "bersihkan sawang". And that's what I did. Customizing, changing layout here and there, deciding on two-column or three-column blog etc etc. I just want my blog to be as simple and legible as it can be. Three column blog might just seemed to be "full", but as at today I found it the best way to differentiate my personal on the right, and things that I suitably use and want to share with all beautiful readers out there on the left. Repeat, ONLY the things that I use BEST. Not surprisingly, it's from the same label..BUT..more product sharing from different label coming on way, insyaAllah. Sharing for the sake of people who are unknowingly having the same problems challenges as I am before and still. Unstable hormones.


So that's about it on how my new year day was filled. I am hoping a blessed and prosperous year for myself and family.

Let's kick off 2014!


New Year fireworks from The Curve at the front of my house. Source: instagram @iynasomar


No comments:

Post a Comment