Monday, January 14, 2013

Tips to save cost on re-installation of Unifi

Assalamualaikum all~

Yeay, the Unifi is back!

The white STB box (please ignore the 'corong' hehe)


If you are a Unifi user, and thinking of fully renovating the house, please take note. Perhaps what I am going to share here is not the best solution to save cost on Unifi, but I am sharing this based on my experience after moving in. I think the same method can be used if one decides buying a new house at different location.


Tips:
  1. Pack all Unifi stuffs as per the above photo in one special box labeled "UNIFI". Please don't forget the white STB box which is located usually at the back of a house. I did forgot about this white box and the contractor threw it away, which almost cost me another RM500.00 just for the white box. After admitting my mistakes and an expression of disappointment as a loyal user, the TM called me to inform that it is under warranty. So the RM500.00 is waived. Phew!
  2. Don't hold the account. Just continue paying RM149.90 monthly. You will be charged RM300.00 for holding the account, and RM500.00 if you choose to terminate the account before contract maturity of 2 years. This is why I voiced out my disappointment as a loyal user of Unifi when previously they intended to charged me RM500.00 for the white box.
  3. Get everything done at single appointment! Unless, you will be charged RM200.00 for the next appointment. I am not kidding, coz I almost get charged due to wiring problem by the contractor.
  4. Be friendly and make friends with the technicians. We even keep their mobile numbers for further reference. You will not know if you need their further help at cheaper cost without having to call TM and go along the process of waiting and listening to the on-hold music for half an hour. Instead of having to pay RM200.00 for re-installation, my sister paid him RM150.00 coz the technician is very kind to inform me about (3) and he is willingly to do it outside office hours. He asked for half the re-installation payment but my sister paid him extra for his kindness.

So yeay! Yeay and yeay!

Unlimited access to the outside world, and people, and opportunity, and knowledge. Most importantly, save on my mobile data for online business and marketing! Wink!



No comments:

Post a Comment